Over the past week, one of the three live oak trees designated for relocation from the old G.WIZ parking lot was moved to its new home along the Mangrove Walkway. In addition, along the eastern portion of the Mangrove Walkway, new landscaping was just installed and the construction team continues to build the new “interpretive placemaking decks” in the Hammock Grove. These new decks include a series of wetland bridges, a swing/deck and seating areas nestled amongst the cabbage palms and oak trees.
Check out the gallery below to see the recent progress.
In case you missed it, here’s a video explaining more about the work taking place on the eastern portion of the Mangrove Walkway.
Want to learn more about Phase 1 of The Bay? View the following videos and articles:
- From Master Plan to Phase 1
- The Bay Park: Features of Phase 1
- Phase 1: What’s Next in the Development Process?
- Phase 1: Current and Future Accessibility
- 3 Commonly Misunderstood Aspects of The Bay Park – Phase 1
If you have any questions about the project, please reach out via Ask The Bay.