Over the past week, new landscaping was installed near the main entrance of The Bay’s office at the Blue Pagoda. A new shell path was also installed at the main entrance that connects to new walkway from the Historic District parking lot. Eventually, the shell path will be extended along the pond in the Fountain Garden. In addition, the final two live oak trees were relocated to their new homes along the Mangrove Walkway.
Next week, the construction team will begin laying the rubber surfacing on the eastern portion of the walkway. During this time, the walkway that connects to the north entrance of the Mangrove Bayou bridge will be closed from Tuesday, March 2 through Thursday, March 4.
Want to learn more about Phase 1 of The Bay? View the following videos and articles:
- From Master Plan to Phase 1
- The Bay Park: Features of Phase 1
- Phase 1: What’s Next in the Development Process?
- Phase 1: Current and Future Accessibility
- 3 Commonly Misunderstood Aspects of The Bay Park – Phase 1
If you have any questions about the project, please reach out via Ask The Bay.