In this week’s update, Bill Waddill gives a behind-the-scenes look at the progress being made on the Eastern Mangrove Walkway near the Van Wezel. This area of the Mangrove Bayou sits east of the Bayou Bridge and also includes the Hammock Grove, a remnant of Sarasota’s original shoreline full of palms and oak trees. This ecosystem will be preserved and enhanced, featuring several small decks and viewing areas where visitors can enjoy the natural environment.
Watch the video below to learn more and stay tuned for more updates in the coming weeks.
Want to learn more about Phase 1 of The Bay? View the following videos and articles:
- From Master Plan to Phase 1
- The Bay Park: Features of Phase 1
- Phase 1: What’s Next in the Development Process?
- Phase 1: Current and Future Accessibility
- 3 Commonly Misunderstood Aspects of The Bay Park – Phase 1
If you have any questions about the project, please reach out via Ask The Bay.