The City Commission approved an updated Master Plan for the 53-acre site which includes enhancements to the area north of 10th Street and reflects input from citizens, boaters, and restaurant owners in the community. Enhancements include:
- More sustainable green space
- A restored bayfront shoreline
- A continuous walking path
- Areas for waterfront dining
- Improved boater experience due to increased boat ramp capacity, and the addition of day docks and amenities, and
- Substantial sustainable water quality improvements.
This Commission approval enables even “more park for all” to be designed and built to help realize the wants, needs and aspirations of the park for those in the community.