‘Tis the season for fun! Throughout December, join us for one or all the many upcoming programs and events at The Bay! In addition to Nights of Lights, there are numerous reasons to visit in December – from music and performance to the natural wonder of the night sky. Interested? Check out our December calendar and take a look at a few of our upcoming events below.
- Sundays at The Bay: Hermitage at The Bay (Sunday, December 12, 2:00pm)
Sundays at The Bay features an inspired presentation and conversation, Hermitage at The Bay: Muse(ic) and Poetry, featuring three talented Hermitage fellows – David “Clay” Mettens, winner of the Hermitage Prize in Composition at the Aspen Music Festival, poet Mae Yway of Myanmar and Ishion Hutchinson, Guggenheim Fellow and Rome Prize winner. Click here to reserve your spot.
- Booker High’s Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (December 9-11, 7:00pm)
We’ve partnered with Booker High School’s Visual & Performing Arts Program to bring their winter performance of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat to The Sarasota Municipal Auditorium. The 7:00 pm show runs three nights from December 9-11. Ticket sales from the annual winter performance fundraiser support the school and are available online for all shows. Click here to learn more and purchase tickets.
- Watch the Holiday Boat Parade at The Bay! (Saturday, December 11, 6:00pm)
The Bay is a great spot to view the 35th Annual Holiday Boat Parade of Lights. Join us in pulling up a chair on Saturday, December 11th at 6:00pm. Click here to learn more.
- Astronomy by The Bay (Tuesday, December 14, 5:30pm)
You don’t want to miss next week’s Astronomy by The Bay program with The Bishop Museum of Science and Nature. Click here to reserve your spot.
- Sunsets at The Bay: Booker High School (Thursday, December 16, 5pm)
Sunsets at The Bay features Booker High School’s VPA’s Zephyr along with the sizzling sounds of the VPA’s modern band Category 5 in this special concert featuring eclectic holiday songs and cherished pop music. Click here to learn more.
- All this fun wraps up in a neighborhood street party – Third Thursday’s RADD Night Market from 5-8pm in the Rosemary District! Click here to learn more.
Programs made possible by the generous support of the Community Foundation of Sarasota County and Founding Business Partners of The Bay.