The western portion of the revitalized Mangrove Walkway is now open! In addition to beautiful new landscaping, new benches were recently installed along the northern part of the walkway by the Van Wezel. Since construction is still ongoing on the eastern part of the bayou, we’re encouraging visitors to stay on the designated pathways. Download the latest walking map here.
Watch this video to explore the western Mangrove Walkway and get a glimpse of what pedestrians, bike riders…and even dogs…can enjoy!
Special thanks to our supporters and donors who have made these improvements to the Mangrove Bayou possible:
- Charles & Margery Barancik Foundation
- City of Sarasota
- Bob and Lin Williams
- Drs. Joel and Gail Morganroth
- Sarasota Bay Club
- Howard and Sherry Davis
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation
- Lillian Goldman Charitable Trust
- Keith D. Monda, and many Friends of The Bay!